Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bad Day

It usually takes me a while before I condemn a day as 'bad' or say it's a good day- however today is just so terribly full of poo that I have to say it's a horrible one so far.

My blood sugar's crashed and I can't get it up.
I feel like I'm constantly putting my foot in my mouth because I can't say something- anything- that doesn't seem to get misconstrued or twisted into something I didn't mean.
Feeling friendless. It's been a while since I heard back from anyone.
Taking on a massive sewing undertaking from someone for business and man- if this isn't a tall order on top of all I'm dealing with and going through right now.

Ok- on that last point- I have never before done a commissioned work for someone so picky. True- I will be as honest and open with you as humanly possible if you are paying me to do something- but I will NOT tell you all my tricks and tips and secrets. I'd go out of business. Plain and simple. So yeah, there's the zillion questions.

Then this person wanted a specific piece done for them- ok I quoted them an accurate price on what they initially asked for. THEN they changed their mind and wanted it SUPER specific to the point where I cannot do it by machine at all but am now making this thing by hand because that's the only possible way I can do what they asked. Usually I would price my work a lot higher for a hand sewn and painted work- however I've been in a rough spot since I already quoted the person on something I thought they wanted.

So yeah- there's that. I raised my price to cover the materials for this monster project but I'm still doing the work for less than minimum wage. No more! As soon as this order is done I am not short-changing myself and will be working for at least minimum wage.

I run a small business from home when LO is asleep and it's been tough. But my work is excellent if I do say so myself- and I do say so. I've been working for years perfecting my skills and honey- they ain't easy.

So I guess today is a bad day because I feel like a bumbling fool who can't do anything right and feels like crap because of my malfunctioning pancreas. Desperately trying not to be sour and bitter about everything under the sun as I hike up my big girl panties and do things I really, really, really don't want to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment